Saturday, March 21, 2009

It's not hard to: get a great, affordable haircut in bklyn

Recently, reader Shawn wrote in asking for help getting a decent haircut:

"how can a girl get an affordable, attractive haircut in NYC? I like to keep it short, but keeping it short means more frequent cuts. Recently, I visited a salon in my neighborhood advertising a $30 cut for short hair, but I walked out paying $60 (not including a tip). How does this happen?...What does $30 get me?...I like short hair, but I'm finding it hard to look good."

Shawn, I asked around, got myself a haircut, and found the answer: Salon Van Sickel in Brooklyn Heights (34 Middagh Street, 718-246-5500). Their price range for cuts is $25-$55--my short haircut only cost $40--and they're super reasonable for color as well. I went to Diana, who works Wednesday through Saturday, and I'll be going back to her again because I think she did a great job giving me the French New Wave pixie cut I wanted.

So, Shawn, the answer is: $30 may not get you much, a smidge more gets you just what you're looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment