Monday, April 13, 2009

Foamy, Minty Goodness

A truly sublime note from my friend Nikki about the bestest cure-all ever...I hope you enjoy this delerious and fantastic rant as much as I did!

OMG, Jillian. It's almost 4AM but I just had the most fascinating revelation about hand soap that I wanted to share with you. For years I've been trying to figure out how not to keep buying those expensive soap dispensers full of gloppy soap that gets used up so quickly (and results in lots of wasted plastic). For a while our household was refilling the bottles with diluted Dr. Bronners, but the soap was so watery that there was always a puddle around the sink from it leaking everywhere. My brother tried something similar, but he didn't dilute the Dr. Bronners and it resulted in caked up soap that caused a misfire every time you pressed the dispenser (soap would squirt all over your shirt).

Tonight the solution finally presented itself: for weeks I've been watching our latest purchase of Kiss My Face grapefruit and bergamot foaming hand soap dwindle. It finally ran out tonight and I filled the empty bottle with half water and two big squirts of Dr. Bronners. Voila! The foaming dispenser worked its magic, and I'm never buying hand soap ever again. No puddles, no soiled shirts. Only foamy minty goodness.

Actually, all of us in this apartment use Dr. Bronners for just about everything: We have two big bottles in the shower instead of bar soap, and I also use it for hand washing my delicates (cashmere, wool, silk). My good friends use it to bathe their cat.

Dr. Bronners is a modern day panacea.

No comments:

Post a Comment