Friday, April 10, 2009

The Joy of Finding Perfect Boots

This is a post by my friend Kajal, who originally published this on her own blog:



For at least two years, I've been hunting a pair of knee-high burgundy boots. The perfect pair is not as easy to come by as you might think. I even had my fashionista sister in on the search, who collects shoes as a hobby and actually shops for a living. I learned my best chance was scouring vintage stores, which would take forever, and sadly accepted that another winter had slipped away without including these long imagined boots.

And then ... the perfect storm of opportunity.

I happened to make a point to read this week's Time Out,whose subscription has lapsed but they still happen to still send it to me,and they happened to list an attractive clearance sale at a small vintage shop called Sweet Tater,which happened to not be far from the subway I'd be taking to Bay Ridge for wine club,which happened to be on the important un-picked-over first day of the giant sale,and I happened to have a few extra minutes.

They're perfect.



(Excuse the dirt on my mirror.)
Despite being from the 70's, the leather is like new. They're perfectly broken in. Regular $165. For me, the sick price of $40. Since that's robbery, I bought pair of wooden platform sandals too. I did it for the economy.Bring spring on, but I'll be in my boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment